There’s something about comfort food on a rainy evening in your RV that no one can really explain. Curling up on the couch with a bowl of mac and cheese has always been a wonderful experience, but now you can enjoy the best recipe you’ve ever had around the dinette of your new RV.
We always like to keep things easy when RVing, so having a short list of ingredients is something we consider when recommending a favorite camping recipe. So not only is this recipe yummy, it’s simple!
12 oz box of shell pasta
1/3 cup sour cream
1 10oz can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 TBSP butter, cut into 6 tabs
4 cups of shredded cheese
1. Cook the pasta. Put the cooked noodles in a 5-6qt. slow cooker.
2. Add the sour cream, can of soup, milk, garlic salt dry mustard and pepper. Mix well.
3. Add the shredded cheese and stir in slowly to allow it to melt over all the noodles.
4. Place the tabs of butter across the top of the dish.
5. Cook for 2 to 3 hours (check consistently to ensure delicious melting!)
It’s That Easy!
Yummy comfort food, easily made and cooked within your RV. If you know you’re going to have a long afternoon, plan on cooking this as soon as you get back to the site and it’ll be ready by dinner time. Whether you’re new to RVing or you’re a seasoned veteran, it’s always good to mix it up and try a new camping recipe. This mac and cheese is some of the best comfort food out there, and you’ll fall in love with the touch of garlic and the mounds of cheese! if you’re just starting out your RV journey, check out our RV specials! We’ve got a lot of great deals going on during the summer, and if you have any questions, contact us today.